For waitlist placement, application packets accompanied by orders may be submitted 90 days prior to your requested housing date. Please contact your Leasing Specialist if you do not yet have orders at the 90-day point.
Mountain Vista Communities maintains a “Freeze Zone” for applicants on the waitlist. The top 10% of applicants in each category of the waitlist are considered within the freeze zone. A category is defined as your rank band and your bedroom requirements. Once an applicant reaches the freeze zone, their position on the waitlist cannot be lowered.*
* The only exception would be for incoming Key and Essential personnel. Mountain Vista Communities honors the Key and Essential Personnel list, as established by the Fort Huachuca Garrison Commander.
Applying prior to arrival is strongly encouraged!
The following documents are required to be considered for on-post Family Housing at Fort Huachuca. Please submit all documents up to 90 days in advance from your arrival, to the Leasing Specialist assigned to your rank via email, in person at the Housing Office or fax at 520.515.9006.
- Completed and signed application. Ensure all of the following fields are complete:
*Date housing needed
*Email address for all adult occupants
* Phone number for all adult occupants
* Service Members Social Security Number
* EFMP/ADA Housing Accommodations – if applicable
* Pet information – if applicable
Please note: It is your responsibility to keep all contact information current. If the Leasing Specialist is unable to contact you due to failure on your part to update contact information, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
- Copy of Orders and any amendments
*Applications may be submitted with an ORB, ERB, Course Assignment, etc.; however, you will not receive a housing assignment until official orders are received.
- Most recent End of Month LES
- Proof of Dependents
*The standard DEERS enrollment verification form DD1172-2, is accepted in all cases. However, if you’re a newlywed or dual military, a copy of your marriage certificate may suffice.
*The working copy is acceptable until all signatures are available. You must provide a signed copy prior to lease signing. The date used to sign out from the losing Duty station is the date used to determine your waitlist placement.
*If Dual Military Both service members must provide an End of month LES and Orders*
PLEASE NOTE: MVC will not accept a photo for any of the above documents. You may submit as a .pdf or .jpeg but a photograph of a document will not meet requirements. Documents containing security features need to be printed, scanned and emailed, as they cannot be opened on our computers.
Mountain Vista Communities is currently housing through Priority Level 4.
The Priority Levels are outlined below:
- Priority Level 1 – Key and Essential personnel assigned to Fort Huachuca
- Priority Level 2 – Accompanied military personnel and unmarried Chaplains assigned to Fort Huachuca
- Priority Level 3 – Accompanied military personnel assigned for duty within 90 mile radius of Fort Huachuca
- Priority Level 4 – Unaccompanied family members of military personnel
- Priority Level 5* – Unaccompanied military personnel (married and single) assigned to Fort Huachuca
- Priority Level 6 – Retired military or widowed spouses of retired military
- Priority Level 7 – DoD and Federal Agency Civilians Priority Level 8 – General Public
- * Contact the Leasing Office at 520-515-9000 for information on current availability for single service members
How to Submit an Application
Refer to the Application Process and requirements outlined to ensure your packet is complete.
PLEASE NOTE: MVC will not accept a photo for any of the above documents. You may submit as a .pdf or .jpeg but a photograph of a document will not meet requirements.
For general information about Mountain Vista Communities or information on faxing or mailing your application, please call 520-515-9000 or email your Leasing Specialist.
Emailing Your Application (preferred method):
E1 – E6: Dani Casares ~ email@example.com
E7 & Up: Stephanie Martin ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Leasing Specialist will contact you within five business days of receiving your application.
To prevent miscommunication regarding your application, please wait five business days before contacting our office with questions or changes regarding your application.
Walk-in applicants within 30 days of their PCS arrival date will have an eligibility date from their DA 31 form.
Walk-in applicants after 30 days of their PCS date will have an eligibility date equal to the date when the application and all necessary documentation are received.